The Foundation meets 3 times a year to consider applications and award grants.
To be considered for the upcoming grant cycle, proposals must be submitted on or before the relevant due date.
|March 1||April 1||June|
|July 1||August 1||October|
|November 1||December 1||March|
All applications must be submitted online. Before beginning your application, please review these steps.
Check your eligibility. Your organization or your program must:be consistent with one of our focus areas (see our Grant Guidelines)
- be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
- be located in Cuyahoga County and your services and facilities primarily serve residents of the City of Cleveland
- have submitted an interim or final report on any previous grants before a new request can be considered
See what information you will need.
Begin your online application.
Notes for First time applicants:
- Review Eligibility, Guidelines & Deadlines above.
- Create an account. Access the online grant application here.
- Select one login email address/password to be used for all your submissions.
- Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for the grant administration. Thomas H. White Foundation will communicate all pertinent information to this email address.
- PLEASE NOTE: the email address and password you choose is for your organization and not you as an individual. The email and password will enable you and other staff members to save and return to an application, and it will be used to complete the grant report form if a grant is awarded. In addition, every application and report that your organization submits, from this point on, will be accessible by using this email address and password.
- If you outsource your grant writing, set up your sign-in and provide the grant writer with access to your account. The contract grant writer should never use your organizations sign-in account for other organizations’ applications. The same email address cannot be used for more than one organization.
- Select “Thomas H. White Foundation” from the list of available processes in the system.
- If you still have questions about how to create a new user account, please view this helpful tutorial.
- Begin your application.